Reformat OS X
Note: Make sure you have your OS X CD, your product key--which is usually located with the disk package--, any driver disks or other hardware that came with your computer, and the disks for any programs you want re-installed. If you do not have an OS X CD, you may purchase one from Apple.
How To Reformat
1. Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc and double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions. In the panel where you select the destination disk, select your current Mac OS X disk (in most cases, it will be the only one available).
3. Click Options. Select Erase and Install.
4. Click Continue.
5. Click Customize to select which parts of Mac OS X you would like to install, or click Install to perform a basic installation (recommended).
6. Once the installation process finishes, the machine will restart and Apple's first boot screen will appear. Set up the machine with an account name and internet access.
7. Run Apple Software Update until the system is completely up to date.
8. Data that was backed up can now be restored to the computer.
Note: If you were required by ResNet to reformat your computer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you did not follow all the steps listed above, your computer will not be reformatted properly and will likely be removed from network access.
Additional recovery information can be found on Apple's website support topics.